Re: [AMBER] using sqm from AmberTools 1.3

From: David Watson <dewatson.olemiss.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:34:28 -0600

On Dec 29, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Alan wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Now that I am looking deeper at this problematic molecule, I am getting even
> more puzzled.
>
> First, the molecule is the ligand GNP in 1E0A from PDB:
> http://www.pdb.org/pdb/explore/explore.do?structureId=1E0A

1) downloaded 1EOA

> Looking only at the ligand:
> http://www.pdb.org/pdb/ligand/ligandsummary.do?hetId=GNP&sid=1E0A
> and

2) loaded 1EOA into pymol
   sele GNP, resn GNP # to select the GNP molecule
   h_add GNP # to add hydrogens

3) extracted the GNP selection as an object

4) saved this to file as a GNP.pdb

5) opened GNP.pdb in Avogadro

6) withing Avogadro:
   Build -> Add Hydrogens # Note - you may or may not want to do this, as it will affect the charge.
   AutoOptimization Settings -> Force Field -> MMFF94s
   Algorithm: Conjugate Gradient # run this for several seconds
   Algorithm: Steepest Descent # run this for several seconds

7) Save As -> MDL SD file (*mol)

8) Run antechamber:
   antechamber -i GNP.mol -fi mdl -o GNP.mol2 -fo mol2 -s 2 -c bcc -pf y
   # only takes a minute or so on my MacBook 2GHz Core 2 Duo

9) Inspect output (I'll leave this up to you)