Re: [AMBER] Cygwin Home Directory

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:14:59 -0400

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009, Wallace Kunin wrote:

> I do have a C:\users\kunin directory in windows, but I don't know what it
> means to have $HOME for windows.
> $pwd gives me /cygdrive/c/Users/kunin as the answer
>
> Can I access these directories from within the regular windows explorer
> because my c:\cygwin\cygdrive folder is empty? If I can't, then how do I
> copy my ambertools file into it?

I don't know how you got put onto the c:\cygwin\cygdrive direction...please
just forget about that: it doesn't exist and it is not supposed to.

The C:\Users\kunin directory on windows is equivalent to
/cygdrive/c/Users/kunin on cygwin. (/cygdrive/c is the cygwin version of C:).

But you are certainly going to have to gain some Linux/Unix experience before
running Amber. I recommend the "quick start guide for those more experienced
with windows":

   http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ov-ex-win.html

....dac