Re: [AMBER] Solvate in an alkaline solution

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:05:44 +0100

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009, vallespardojl.chem.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> I want study the behavior of my molecule in environments with
> different pH values, mainly in alkaline solutions.
> Are there any option with the xleap for solvate the molecule selecting
> a concret pH?

LEaP does not do this. There are a variety of programs on the web (see, for
example the link to H++ on the Amber web site) that will estimate protonation
states of amino acids given a structure and an input pH. Once you have
those predictions, edit your pdb file to make the protonation states of the
residues match what you want; then load the modified pdb file into LEaP.

[There is also the option to set a particular pH value in "constant pH"
simulations. But that is a somewhat advanced option that should probably only
be used by those who have a fair amount of experience with more standard
simulations.]

...dac