Re: [AMBER] nmropt option

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:59:04 +0100

nmropt doesn't directly affect Rgyr. what nmropt allows you to do is add
additional input to the MD simulation that will (1) change the weights of
various simulation variables (like temperature) or force field components
and (2) introduce restraints to the system. There are many, many options
that are described in the Aber manual.
In your case, if you use nmropt=1 along with a line that varies the TEMP0
thermostate temperature, then the system may become hotter, which may result
in Rgyr changes. If you keep the temperature constant, the Rgyr will
probably be stable. So, there is no direct link between Rgyr and nmropt, and
without knowing much more about what you are trying to to and how much you
know about simulations, thermostats and so on, it's hard to help. If you
don't know much about how simulation methods work, I suggest reading a good
book such as Leach's "Molecular Modeling". Then you can ask here for
specific questions about how to implement these in an Ambre simulation.
You'll also learn a lot by reading the literature and looking for examples
of what other people have done that is very similar to what you want to
accomplish, and then using their methods as a guide for what you might try
to do.
good luck!