Re: [AMBER] What is dual topology

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:48:51 +0100

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009, Ashish Runthala wrote:

> Calculations that incorporate soft-core potentials and creation of
> dummy atoms use either “single” or “dual” topology models in new free
> energy tools.
> Somebody please explain me, what does a dual topology means.

This is mainly a list for technical questions about running Amber, although
wider scientific questions do arise. But, it's not easy or appropriate to try
to answer very general questions like this in emails. A Google search on "free
energy dual topology" (without the quotes) will get you started, and there are
lots of books and reviews on this topic as well.

...dac