Re: [AMBER] Compilation error with pmemd (amber10) on fedora9 64 bits

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:33:52 +0100

gfortran is not supported as a compiler for pmemd. For a linux system you
need to be using either ifort, pathf90, pgf90 - one of these commercial
compilers that actually have good performance. I don't know what the
current story is for gfortran in terms of performance and compliance to
standards. Some folks HAVE dinked with getting the free compilers to
compile pmemd, but it requires dinking around, so they will have to comment
on the problems further (ie., somebody else on the list may have their own
hacked-up config.h for pmemd and gfortran, but I don't). The problem that
you are having here looks to me most likely to be that the compiler is not
recognizing a trailing line continuation marker properly - just a guess, and
looking at the source, I can't really tell (looks like it may be lost in the
comment lines, or some such).
Regards - Bob Duke