[AMBER] RE: Average structure over simulation

From: Niel Henriksen <niel.henriksen.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:56:40 +0100

This is normal. When you compute the average structure over a long time period, residues that
undergo a lot of motion will appear blurred. This occurs because the inter-atom distances are
shorter (due to the averaging) and your visualization program is "guessing" where bonds should be
based on those distances. Although they look messy, the structures can give you information about
which parts of your protein are moving compared to others.

--Niel