Re: [AMBER] Re: Ambertools 1.2 installation error

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:38:28 +0100

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009, Bokun Cho wrote:

> During the installation of Ambertools 1.2 (make -f Makefile_at) in my LinuxSuse OS , I have encountered the following error.
>
> g++ -static-libgcc -o sleap strmain.o strbuff.o plugins.o ../freelib/readline/libreadline.a -lm ../plugins/libplugins.a ../mortsrc/libmort.a
> cp -p sleap /usr/local/amber10/bin
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/amber10/src/gleap/leapsrc'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/amber10/src/gleap'
> make: *** [install] Segmentation fault

Are you sure this is the entire message? There are no errors listed, other
than the segmentation fault, which is unlikely(?) to be coming from make
itself.

> I proceeded on to the test and got the following error message.
>
> ( cd nab; make test )
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/amber10/test/nab'
> Running test to make dna duplex:
> make[1]: *** [duplex_test] Segmentation fault

Since you didn't compile nab (the compilation failed), it's not surprising
that the nab tests don't work. What is surprising that you still seem to be
getting segmentation faults from make itself. Maybe that is the problem --
what does "make --version" report?

...dac