Re: [AMBER] questions about RESP

From: Jeffrey <jeffry20072008.yahoo.cn>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 08:42:29 +0100

Dear Francois,

      Thanks very much for your information. I read that paper and make it clear of the different level of optimization. Another question is that why the structure should be optimized before calculating ESP? How about a structure near the mimimum point, but not at the real mimimum when calculating the ESP?

For large molecules, it is difficult to optimize the structure at 6-31G* level. So how about using a conformation obtained at a low level optimization?

Many thanks.

Jeffrey

--- 09年7月16日,周四, FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org> 写道: