[AMBER] RE: add magnesium

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:30:09 +0100

Hi Zhou,

I am copying this to the amber list which is where such questions are best
posted. See http://ambermd.org/ for details.

Adding Mg2+ ions should be as simple as adding Na+, Cl- etc. You just use
the addions command in the same way it is covered in Tutorial B1 on the
amber website.

addions unit MG2 x

Where x is the number of Mg2+ ions you want to add.

For a list of ions currently loaded in leap you can type:

list

And it will show you all the units it knows about from which you can
identify the ions.

All the best

Ross