RE: [AMBER] problem with cutoff

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:35:40 +0100

Hi Yunjie,

Note I am pretty sure that you cannot have different EEL and VDW cutoffs for
GB calculations in PMEMD. Also note that it is required that vdw_cutoff >=
es_cutoff. This is a function of the fact that such calculations are
expected to deal with the remaining electrostatic contributions in another
way, such as via a reciprocal calculation as in PME.

To do what you want to do I think you will have to get your hands dirty in
the code. Look in egb.f for 'cut' and you will see where the tests are etc.
You can then modify this to split out the VDW calculation separately and
treat it with a different cutoff value.

With regards to the PMEMD compilation problem I suspect it is linking in the
incorrect MPI libraries. Try editing the config.h file - blank out the
definition of MPI_LIBS and then change all instances of ifort to mpif90.
Also make sure that your copy of lam was compiled with this version of the
Intel compiler as well.

Good luck,
Ross