RE: [AMBER] Can we use AMBER?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:47:18 -0800

Hi Richard,

> We would like to run molecular dynamics simulations for the compound shown
> below. Is Amber the correct force field for this? Or are there other
> more appropriate force fields?

You can certainly use it - the Generalized AMBER force field can treat this
type of molecule - The following tutorial explains how to build such a
system: http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial4/

Whether GAFF is the correct force field for this is the million dollar
question. It depends on what you actually want to do and learn.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/