[AMBER] RE: same result

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:59:39 -0800

Dear Zhou,

I am sending this to the AMBER mailing list which is the best place for
these sorts of questions.

The reason you get the exact same trajectories is because you ran the exact
same simulation. Often this doesn't give the same results, especially if
running in parallel or on different machines due to round off differences.
However, run on the exact same machine in serial it should indeed give the
same results.

To obtain different trajectories you need to specify different random number
seeds - see the ig keyword in the manual. E.g. ig=12345654321 etc.
Alternatively you could start with slightly different starting structures.
In all cases you will need to check that the simulations have run long
enough for the trajectories to uncorrelated.

Good luck,

Ross