[AMBER] RE: RE: amber force filed for RNA

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:49:41 -0800

Dear Zhou,

I am sending this message to the AMBER mailing list since this is best place for these types of questions.

I believe what you say is fine, that is you can edit the leaprc files to specify RNA instead of DNA. For a pure RNA simulation using leaprc.RNA.ff99 vs (RNA modded) leaprc.ff99SB. If you are mixing protein and RNA and want to use FF99SB for the protein then yes you need to modify the leaprc.ff99SB - although you are probably better creating your own copy called leaprc.RNA.ff99SB so you don't overwrite the original and then later forget that it was modified. If you are mixing DNA and RNA then you will need to modify the PDB file to specify which residue is which - by manually changing the residue name to RG5, RA5 etc etc. You could of course also do this with a pdb containing just RNA if you don't want to modify the leaprc files.

Good luck,

Ross