Re: AMBER: install amber 10 on linux with openSUSE 10.2 (x86-64)

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:31:56 -0500

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008, wl2290.columbia.edu wrote:

> I have been trying to "make parallel" of amber 10 on my linux computer. I
> got the compiling message:

> /opt/amber10/bin/mpif77 -c -O3 -fno-range-check -fno-second-underscore
> -ffree-form -o constants.o _constants.f
> f771: error: unrecognized option `-fno-range-check'

> I have set PATH to f771, mpif77 and mpirun, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to libg2c:

I think these are all irrelevant to your problem.

> More information on my computer:
> g77 -v

Amber requires a fortran 95 compiler; it will never begin to work with
g77.

My problem is that it's hard to remember everything you tried before and
why that didn't work. (Assuming you reported the parallel problems
before?)

If not, first try a bog-standard configuration like this:

configure_amber -lamsource gfortran

Run the ./configure_lam script as requested, then compile amber itself.
(Be sure to clean up any left over serial compiling results first.)

....dac