Re: AMBER: distance restraint in minimization

From: <luzhenw1.msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:17:28 -0500

JIfeng is going to answer your second.
   For the first one, ' ERROR no map function for O4 T :data= 11 ASN ND2  142 T O4 2.5'.  it seems to me that the name is not defined in the map. My way to fix it is just modify the map (map.DG-AMBER ) and use makeDIST_RST  -map  option to load the modified map. it works for me at least.

     zhenwei

zhenwei
(  引用 "Taufik Al-Sarraj" <taufik.alsarraj.utoronto.ca>:

> Hi Zhenwei,
> I am a little confused actually. For the second point i modified the
> pdb file and it seems that the RST.f file is similar to the one on
> page 192-3 of the manual and similar to the one on
> http://www.uni-koeln.de/themen/Chemie/software/amber7/tutorial/dna_NMR/nmr_dna_tutorial.htm. I was hoping that is
> correct.
>
> For the first point, I just changed global.h but i have never
> recompiled amber before. is it as easy as ./configure_amber and make
> serial (i am running this on my local machine for now) I am just a
> little worried about missing something like make clean first.
>
> Thank you again,
> Taufik
>

> luzhenw1.msu.edu wrote:
>> First, you need change the global.h
>> file,(/opt/amber9/src/nmr_aux/prepare_input/global.h), change the
>> maxatoms to whatever number you want. probably you need re-compile
>> amber.
>>
>> Second, copy the /usr/local/Programs/amber10.09/dat/map.DG-AMBER to
>> some place you can modify it, add your own  atom type at the end
>> following the its own format. hope this will help.
>>
>> zhenwei
>>
>>  引用 "Taufik Al-Sarraj" <taufik.alsarraj.utoronto.ca>:
>>
>>> Thank you David,
>>> I changed the input file to this
>>> CEBP minimization of 20,000 steps
>>> &cntrl
>>>   imin    = 1,
>>>   maxcyc   = 20000,
>>>   ncyc   = 10000,
>>>   ntb   = 1,
>>>   ntr   = 0,
>>>   cut   = 10,
>>>   nmropt = 1,
>>> /
>>> DISANG = RST.f
>>>

>>> i read the help file and i need to use makeDIST_RST function
>>> so i created a fixbond file
>>> "11 ASN ND2  142 T O4 2.5
>>> 11 ASN ND2  143 T O4 5.5
>>> 69 ASN ND2  121 T O4 2.5