AMBER: RE: bugfix 11 & 12

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:12:42 -0800

Hi Christina,

Are you certain this copy of amber hasn't been modified in some way?

Here is what I tried on Kraken just now:

1) Copy Amber10.tar.bz2 from website download to home directory

2) tar xvjf Amber10.tar.bz2

3) cd amber10

4) wget http://ambermd.org/bugfixes/10.0/bugfix.all

5) patch -p0 -N -r patch_rejects <bugfix.all

This works fine and all files get patched.

Then I tried:

1) cd ..

2) rm -rf amber10

3) tar xvjf Amber10.tar.bz2

4) cd amber10

5) wget http://ambermd.org/bugfixes/10.0/bugfix.all

6) edit bugfix.all and remove bugfixes 11 and 12

7) patch -p0 -N -r patch_rejects <bugfix.all

8) rm -f bugfix.all

9) wget http://ambermd.org/bugfixes/10.0/bugfix.all

10)patch -p0 -N -r patch_rejects <bugfix.all

The second patching here (which is essentially what you are trying gives the
following output:

patching file src/sander/evb_umb.f

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.

4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file patch_rejects

patching file src/sander/evb_umb_primitive.f

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file patch_rejects

patching file src/sander/softcore.f

patching file src/sander/depend

patching file src/sander/sander.f

patching file test/softcore/complex/out.0.save

patching file test/softcore/complex_rst/out.0.save

patching file test/softcore/complex_rst/out.1.save

patching file test/softcore/dynlmb/out.0.save

patching file test/softcore/dynlmb/out.1.save

patching file test/softcore/min/out.0.save

patching file test/softcore/min/out.1.save

patching file test/softcore/short_md/out.0.save

patching file test/softcore/short_md/out.1.save

patching file test/softcore/short_md/out2.0.save

patching file test/softcore/short_md/out2.1.save

patching file test/softcore/complex/out.1.save

patching file src/sander/softcore.f

Which correctly applies the patch so I'm not sure why it doesn't work
properly for you. Can you try again from a vanilla copy of AMBER 10 please.

All the best

Ross