Re: AMBER: REDvIII_I_lack_of_charges_in_mol2

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:15:15 +0200

Quoting Karol Kaszuba <karolkaszub.gmail.com>:

> I am trying to derive RESP A1 charges. I am using Gaussian.
> RED fnishes normally without any errors, (RED.log is absolutely OK) however
> the .mol2 file doesn't have any charges - all columns are 0.000.

R.E.D. should have detected this problem:
See the new bug fix on the R.E.D. web site.

> I started digging and I figure out that:
>
> 1) Instead off 16 files after RED execution I have only 14.
> The missing files are:
> punch2_m1
> qout2_m1
>
> 2) In the file: output1_m1 I could see this warning:
> WARNING: Restraints were requested, but the restraint weights were all
> zero,
> then:
> Point Charges Before & After Optimization
>
> no. At.no. q(init) q(opt) ivary d(rstr)/dq
> 1 7 0.000000 nan 0 nan
> 2 1 0.000000 nan 0 0.000000
> 3 6 0.000000 nan 0 nan
> 4 1 0.000000 nan 0 0.000000
> 5 6 0.000000 nan 0 nan
> 6 1 0.000000 nan 0 0.000000
> 7 1 0.000000 nan 0 0.000000
> 8 6 0.000000 nan 0 nan
> 9 7 0.000000 nan 0 nan
> 10 1 0.000000 nan 0 0.000000
>
> Sum over the calculated charges: nan
>
> Statistics of the fitting:
> The initial sum of squares (ssvpot) 21.206
> The residual sum of squares (chipot) nan
> The std err of estimate (sqrt(chipot/N)) nan
> ESP relative RMS (SQRT(chipot/ssvpot)) nan

This is not a problem in R.E.D. The problem is because RESP cannot fit...

I guess this is because your optimized structure is a test case and is
not optimized. I am quite surprised Gaussian is able to SCF converge
to compute the MEP for your structure...

Do not optimized by QM a molecular fragment, but a whole molecule.
Are you sure the total charge is -1 and the multiplicity 2 ?
It think this is because you have a molecular fragment in your QM job.

regards, Francois