Re: AMBER: Clarification re qmmask

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:22:41 -0400

I just made some tests and I can confirm the problem. However, it does
not come from the qmmask, which, as Ross pointed out, only uses a
general Amber routine to choose the atoms.

Apparently the problem comes from the atommask routine that is not
dealing with the distance parameter correctly. Basically, if you
include this operator, it returns *ALL* atoms as being found by the
mask. Thus, you get a QM region that includes ALL the atoms.

The message you are getting from sander_bomb is correct: In the end,
you are attempting a calculation with a periodic cell that includes
all the atoms, which is not allowed by the current implementation of
sander.

Gustavo.