Re: AMBER: AddIons approach

From: parul sharma <sharmaparul7373.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:14:41 +0530

This is the leap.log, plea

Center of solvent box is: -28.161524, -18.774349, -9.387175
  Total vdw box size: 64.737 52.178 36.583 angstroms.
  Volume: 123570.855 A^3
  Total mass 55379.498 amu, Density 0.744 g/cc
  Added 3011 residues.
> addIons nmb Na 14 Cl 15
addIons: Argument #2 is type String must be of type: [unit]

    addIons unit ion1 #ion1 [ion2 #ion2]

        UNIT _unit_
        UNIT _ion1_
        NUMBER _#ion1_
        UNIT _ion2_
        NUMBER _#ion2_

Adds counterions in a shell around _unit_ using a Coulombic potential
on a grid. If _#ion1_ is 0, the _unit_ is neutralized (_ion1_ must be
opposite in charge to _unit_, and _ion2_ cannot be specified). Otherwise,
the specified numbers of _ion1_ [_ion2_] are added [in alternating order].
If solvent is present, it is ignored in the charge and steric calculations,
and if an ion has a steric conflict with a solvent molecule, the ion is
moved to the center of said molecule, and the latter is deleted. (To
avoid this behavior, either solvate _after_ addions, or use addIons2.)
Ions must be monoatomic. Note that the one-at-a-time procedure is not
guaranteed to globally minimize the electrostatic energy. When neutralizing
regular-backbone nucleic acids, the first cations will generally be added
between phosphates, leaving the final two ions to be placed somewhere around
the middle of the molecule.