Re: AMBER: ptraj average structure

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 09:55:31 -0400

it's not ptraj, it's that you are calculating an average for something that
is moving, so it will always be this way. I suggest that you do one of
these:

- minimize the average structure but be aware that the parts that are
flexible may look "ok" in the minimized version, but it's still not really
representative of the conformation. if you populate 2 rotamers, the average
probably doesn't look like either one.

- do cluster analysis and use the representative structure(s) instead of the
average one.