AMBER: ptraj average structure

From: Yunierkis Perez Castillo <Yunierkis.uclv.edu.cu>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 09:25:42 -0400

Hi all.
I have been trying to use ptraj in order to obtain an average structure of a 10 ns MD simulation of a protein. Here is my ptraj input file:

trajin ../protein.crd
center :1-634
image center familiar
rms first mass out 10ns_CA_rms.csv :1-635.CA
average 10ns_aver_box.pdb :1-635 pdb

After looking at the average structure I can see that some residues have very unrealistic geometries (overlapping atoms). By searching the amber mailing list I found that this is a common problem of calculating average structures with ptraj, mainly due to high flexibility residues. Is there any way a could obtain average structures from amber trajectories lacking this problems?
Thanks in advance for any help
yunierkis

Servicio de Correos de la Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas. http://www.uclv.edu.cu
-VI Conferencia Internacional de Ciencias Empresariales, del 16 al 18 de octubre de 2008, Cayo Santa Mar?a, Cuba. http://economia-publica.uab.es/VIcubaCICE.doc