Re: AMBER: Support for intel mpi in pmemd 10; better support for intel MKL

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 18:39:28 -0400

Francesco -
I don't know, not having access to such machine, not being sure what exactly
you are using as a baseline from Ross, etc. And I have not played with the
various performance tweaks available from intel mpi. I would do this, but
don't really have access to anything where I would anticipate a big
difference, or anything that folks are currently buying, for that matter. I
would not expect a huge difference in shared memory performance, but it is
entirely possible the intel guys have been clever (I didn't see a gain with
shared memory on my setup which is an older intel dual cpu, but I also did
not take time to work through all the performance options). I would expect
that Klaus-Dieter may provide us with more details on other interconnects,
but I have only seen infiniband stuff so far. You can always get an eval
copy of the s/w from Intel and check it out on your specific machine (but
read the reference manual on tuning too...).
Regards - Bob