AMBER: compilation problem

From: john smith <johnsmithgr8.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:21:07 +0530

Hi everyone,

I am installing AMBER 10 with Sun Studio 12 compilers on AMD64 bit machine
having Solaris OS.

But the forllowing part of Configure_at is giving me the problem
*********
 # Here, just to get going, hard-wire g77
fc=g77
echo "Mopac and resp will be compiled with g77"

fflags="-O0"
foptflags="-O3"

if [ $gnucompat = "yes" ]; then
gnucompatibility="-fsecond-underscore"
else
gnucompatibility="-fno-second-underscore"
fi
fflags="$fflags $gnucompatibility"
foptflags="$foptflags $gnucompatibility"

echo "Testing the g77 compiler:"
echo " $fc $fflags -o testp$suffix testp.f"
$fc $fflags -o testp testp.f
./testp | grep "testing a Fortran program" > /dev/null
status=$?

if [ "$status" -gt 0 ]; then
echo "Unable to compile a Fortran program using $fc $fflags"
echo "We will be unable to compile mopac or resp"
g77='noG77'
else
echo "OK"
fi
/bin/rm -f testp.f testp.o testp$suffix
********************************
This I solved by some google and Sun microsystems- forums search by using
the following script
******************

# Here, just to get going, hard-wire f90
   fc=f90
   echo "Mopac and resp will be compiled with f90"

   fflags="-O0"
   foptflags="-fast"

echo "Testing the f90 compiler:"
echo " $fc $fflags -o testp$suffix testp.f"
$fc $fflags -o testp testp.f
./testp | grep "testing a Fortran program" > /dev/null
status=$?

if [ "$status" -gt 0 ]; then
   echo "Unable to compile a Fortran program using $fc $fflags"
   echo "We will be unable to compile mopac or resp"
   g77='noG77'
else
   echo "OK"
fi
/bin/rm -f testp.f testp.o testp$suffix

But it didnt work. no makefile is generated at the end

please someone help me out of this.
Thanks in advance