Re: AMBER: problem with prep file generation

From: Junmei Wang <junmwang.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:59:49 -0500

Hi, Aneesh
One cannot generate prepi or prepc using prepgen for two different
molecules. But you can generate prepi/prepc for one molecule using multiple
conformations. There is two ways to do this: using individual antechamber
programs (respgen, espgen to get esp from multiple conformations, and
prepgen), or use the latest version of residuegen. We designed residuegen
mainly to generate amino-acid-like or nucleic-acid-like residues, but it can
also be applied to handle normal organic molecules with multiple
conformations. By the way, if you only use one conformation (i.e. one
gaussian output), antechamber should be used for simplicity.

Attached is the latest residuegen.c and a sample input file.

Best

Junmei