Re: AMBER: NPRO net charge in amber10/dat/leap/lib/all_aminont03.lib is 0.900026, why?

From: Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:21:35 +0100

Yes, I see your point.

In this case it's a HIV Protease and the NPRO is not involved in the
active site, although it's not a flexible tail either. Anyway, even if
it was involved in active site, I never heard about building block
designed to have not integral charges. I checked all N- and C- termini
for ff03.r1 and only NPRO shows this oddity.

I am sticking with original ff03 for the moment.

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.