RE: AMBER: Query

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:04:57 -0700

Hi Deepti,

I suggest that you work through the tutorials on the AMBER website. These
will explain to you simple things like why VMD is giving you a straight line
when loading a restart file (simple answer is you are selecting the wrong
file format).

As for the AMBPDB command not working - was ambertools installed on your
machine? - Do you have AMBERHOME/exe in your path? How about trying
$AMBERHOME/exe/ambpdb? If ambertools and amber was installed it is highly
unlikely that ambpdb is not there since it is one of the first things to get
built.

As for pdbs - you could use ptraj to make yourself a pdb.

>cat foo.traj

trajin foo.rst

trajout foo.pdb

>$AMBERHOME/exe/ptraj foo.prmtop < foo.traj

You could also use Sirius (sirius.sdsc.edu) this can read a whole range of
amber output and write many different file formats. Again there is a
tutorial on the AMBER website that shows you how to do this sort of thing.

Ross