RE: AMBER: big molecule numbers ( simulation with many formamide molecules )

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 06:58:34 -0700

Hi Adrien,

You can't directly define the number of molecules of formamide that
solvatebox adds, just the buffer. However, it is fairly simple to write a
quick shell script that runs tleap and refines the buffer size to the
solvatebox command to give you the number of formamide molecules that you
require.

If you want to see the formamide box after you solvated your solute just
'edit' the unit in xleap. Alternatively save your prmtop and inpcrd files
and then look at them in something like VMD. The tutorials on the amber
website show you how to do this.

Good luck,

Ross