RE: AMBER: adding missing residues

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 05:35:41 -0700

Hi Soumick,

You can edit your pdb files and add the alpha carbons for each of the
missing residues. .eg. just add the single atom for each missing residue.
Then when you load the pdb in leap it will build in the remaining missing
atoms based on the templates it has. Note, though that you will need to come
up with some coordinate estimates for the alpha carbons and you will have to
carefully minimize / equilibrate the residues that were added since their
initial structures will be highly strained.

Good luck,
Ross