RE: AMBER:Some questions about replica exchan ge

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:45:38 -0700

Hi Zehan,

I would suggest you first work through the REMD tutorial to get a sense of
how to run such a simulation.
http://www.ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial7/index.htm

Then I suggest you start by reading some of the literature on Replica
Exchange to make sure you understand it. This way you will learn how others
have selected replica counts and temperature distributions and understand
why they did it that way.

I suggest starting with the Sugita and Okamoto paper on REMD:

Sugita and Okamoto
<http://www.ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial7/files/remd_chem_phys_le
tt.pdf> (
<http://www.ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial7/files/remd_chem_phys_le
tt.pdf> "Replica-exchange molecular dynamics method for protein folding."
Chemical Physics Letters 314(1-2): 141-151, 1999)

I would then look at some of the papers that have cited this and read those
as well. Do not start blindly running REMD simulations without at least some
knowledge of the literature and an understanding of what these simulations
actually are.

Good luck,

Ross