Re: AMBER: about QMMM output

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:33:06 -0400

Yes and no ;-)

That is the SCF energy, the energy from the QM calculation. This
energy is influenced by the presence of the MM atoms, so in a way you
can say it does include /some/ of the QM/MM electrostatic interaction
energy. However, the QM/MM interaction also has other terms, like van
der Waals and bond terms, which are not included there.

For more details, see:
J. Phys. Chem. A (2007), 111, 5655-5664
J Comput Chem (2008), 29 1019–1031

HTH,