Re: AMBER: "radius = 0.000"

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:00:38 -0400

Okay, for you to have a restart that went into this thing without box
information, you must have done a run with ntb = 0; at least for pmemd that
is the only way this would happen, and pmemd tries to mimic sander on such
things (translation - I looked at pmemd to guess what sander would probably
do too). So there are almost certainly some mixups between
periodic/nonperiodic runs involved here - not in the prmtop itself perhaps,
but there are ways you could have done a nonperiodic run in a stream with a
prmtop intended for use under periodic boundary conditions, I believe. You
need to review all your mdin's leading up to the simulation that failed and
see if you set ntb = 0 in any of them. Another thing to check - in the
mdout's, in periodic boundary condition simulations with pme, you will
always get box dimensions listed as "box x =", "box y =", "box z =" in the
ewald parameters section. These should obviously never be 0.0. It does
take a lot of attention to detail to set up a new simulation.
Regards - Bob Duke