Re: AMBER: Antechamber/mopac am1-bcc charge

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:22:44 +0200

Yes, I know those papers, perhaps not so well mastered as they
deserve. What I am interested in is to clarify what you call a "black
box", that is comparing - in actual cases - the result of applying
RESP with respect to applying am1-bcc as provided by Antechamber. I
mean comparing for a demanding structure, like the tetracyclins, or
other ones, perhaps embedded in a lipidic membrane and even made as
ligands of proteins, just to make the system more complicate. How
would you react if the results turn out to lie in the statistics
expected for MD for both RESP and am1-bcc? The black box made
transparent. There are so many approximations and assumptions in
performing simulations that I would not be too surprised that there is
such an agreement. I am looking for such papers in the literature.
Curious if they do not exist. It would allow to take personal views
without any firm support. If the papers you mention were a clear cut
answer, why developing Antechamber with am1-bcc? It is becoming hot
here, worse quite humid.

Regards
francesco

--