Re: AMBER: question about the charge

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:52:22 -0400

I'm not sure I exactly understand your question, because there are several
aspects. one is that the prmtop charge units are not standard- see the
amber web site for info. Once you have converted your charges to the
appropriate units, then you could use those in the prmtop. how well
those charges work depends on what you are trying to study, and other
factors such as whether you will have charges for other parts of your system
(solvent, other solutes) that do not use the same charge model as yours.