Re: AMBER: concerning force fields

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:34:21 -0400

I think your request is still much too vague to ask on an email list.
please try specific questions based on what you did not understand
from the tutorial, or based on what the tutorials taught you ask
specific questions about how things are not working for your
molecule. Others may be able to help you, but I find a question
like "how do I develop force fields" just too broad to answer in
an email. people have written many papers and review articles
about this, so that's probably a better resource for general learning.
check existing alkane parameter sets and decide why and how you
want yours to differ based on reading the articles about the results.
you might also try something like antechamber, but I think it's best
to start with established parameters until you have a lot of experience
and know the limitations of existing data and some ideas how to
improve it.

sorry I can't be more help- maybe others can.
carlos

2008/6/27 Adrien Delmont <adriendelmont.yahoo.com>:
> Dear Simmerling,
>
> In fact, I just done some of the tutorials . And I'm still working on them
> and also looking over them. But I need to know some extra information about
> this issue and need some expert advice and suggestions. You mentioned
> about an important point that 'How you proceed can depend on what type of
> molecules you want to simulate ' . So according to my study what must I do
> to create different force fields. In this sense, I'm waiting for your
> contributions.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Adrien

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
CMM Bldg, Room G80
Stony Brook University E-mail: carlos.simmerling.gmail.com
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu