Re: AMBER: dihedral energy calculation inconsistent with gaussian's result

From: <Jerome.GOLEBIOWSKI.unice.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:01:35 +0200

Hi,
the dihedral parameters are not the only term that is taken into account
for the total energy calculation. Indeed, the 1-4 terms are not zero for
such a system. The dihedral parameters are just a decomposition of the
remaining energy term once you have taken into account the coulomb and
the vdW interactions in your molecule.
If you want to check the energy barrier, you have to perform a
calculation with all the force-field terms (especially 1-4 ones in your
case).

Hope this helps.
Jerome

--
Jerome Golebiowski, PhD
LCMBA, team Chemometrics and Molecular Modeling