Re: AMBER: rdparm help

From: Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:23:50 +0100

Many thanks Thomas!
However, I have more questions to this list.

Looking better the rdparm output, I noticed that every time I got 'E',
there's a line above it with the same atoms but with different parameters.

If I go and look and gaff.dat or parm99.dat I see dihedrals with the same
group of 4 atoms but with different parameters. I suspect that's why I have
this redundancy in prmtop/rdparm.out.

My question is: are those redundancy bad? It seems so to me. Which
parameters should be right? For gaff I can understand that it's a bit
"messy", but for parm**.dat? What if I simple delete those redundancy and
keep just the first set of parameters that appears?

My e-mail about parameters redundancy/duplication is some way related to the
questions did in http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200806/0289.html

Many thanks in advance.
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.