RE: AMBER: tip3p water and shake

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:35:30 -0700

Hi Ying,

The TIP3P water model was parameterized specifically for use with shake,
hence turning off shake for TIP3P will result in the water model no longer
providing satisfactory results.

If you really want to run your solute without shake then you can use the
shakemask variable to only shake the water atoms (you still need a time step
of 1fs or less though). Alternatively you could use a flexible water model
like spcfw.

Good luck,
Ross