AMBER: MM-GBSA with very positive GB value

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:05:02 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

I did a MM-GBSA calculation for a short polymer, however, I found the following results very strange that GB is a positive value. I am trying to interpret the result as the polymer is hydrophobic (as indicated by the large negative VDW value) in nature, so it is not soluble in water. Thus, a positive (unfavor) solvation energy (GB) is obtained. Could anyone cold like comment on this if I have interpret that data correctly or I must have done something wrong in the calculation?

Best regards and many thanks,

Cat.

ELE
-6.3