Re: AMBER: Ptraj / ambmask | Using distance-based masks to strip a trajectory

From: Jianyin Shao <jyshao2004.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:55:12 -0600

Hi, Ian,

Since the parsing of mask is done before reading the actual frames, the
ptraj requires a structure as reference for the atom coordinates. As you may
imagine, the selection is static. To emphasize this, the distance-based mask
selection requires an explicit structure using "reference" command. For this
reason, the "checkmask" command or other commands in rdparm will not be able
to check the distance-based mask selection.

Please try the following script:

trajin test.trj
reference test.trj
strip "(:1 >.5.0)"
trajout strip1.trj nobox

Also pay attention to the output of ptraj. It will print out the mask
selection for each command. Please check them if you have any suspicion.

Best,

Jianyin Shao