Re: AMBER: Problems simulating a protein-ligand complex

From: Sasha Buzko <obuzko.ucla.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:16:29 -0700

Thank you, David.

With hydrogens added in another application, the antechamber part
worked.

But another issue appears when I combine the protein structure with the
antechamber output in xleap. The ligand is loaded as a prepin file,
followed by its frcmod with missing parameters. Then I load the pdb file
of the protein and use complex = combine { protein GNP }, where GNP is
the name of the residue assigned to the ligand. However, the ligand ends
up being shifted in space far from the protein, even though the initial
coordinates corresponded to the complex.. I assume that it's the result
of the intermediate operations.. but is there a way to combine the two
entities into the original complex?

Thanks for any advice

Sasha