RE: Fw: RE: AMBER: MKL libraries/Amber10

From: Cenk \(Jenk\) Andac <"Cenk>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 07:57:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ross,

I sent a QMMM test job via PBS to 4 CPUs of 4 different nodes. The test crashed at step qmmm2/1NLN_test_diagonalizers && ./Run.1NLN_dspev.

I then carried out a set of parallel QMMM test runs on the server as follows

cd $AMBERHOME/test
sh> export DO_PARALLEL="mpirun -np 2/4"
lamboot
make -f Makefile test.parallel.QMMM>&out&
lamhalt

using 2 and 4 CPUs. Both tests failed at the dspev step as follows:

cd qmmm2/1NLN_test_diagonalizers && ./Run.1NLN_dspev
One of the processes started by mpirun has exited with a nonzero exit
code. This typically indicates that the process finished in error.
If your process did not finish in error, be sure to include a "return
0" or "exit(0)" in your C code before exiting the application.
PID 9899 failed on node n0 (127.0.0.1) due to signal 6.

In addition, I ran two QMMM jobs on the server with "verbosity=4" option as follows

cd $AMBERHOME/test/qmmm2/1NLN_test_diagonalizers
mpirun -np 4 sander.MPI -i 1NLN_dspev.mdin -o 1NLN_dspev.4cpus.mdout -p 1NLN_15A_solv.prmtop -c 1NLN_15A_solv_min.rst

mpirun -np 2 sander.MPI -i 1NLN_dspev.mdin -o 1NLN_dspev.2cpus.mdout -p 1NLN_15A_solv.prmtop -c 1NLN_15A_solv_min.rst

These output files are attached.

It appears that the manual run of 1NLN_dspev with 4 CPUs on the server crashes, while the one with 2 CPUs goes to a completion.

cheers,

jenk.