Re: AMBER: Installation problem of AMBER on cluster

From: sudipta sinha <sudipta.mml.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 18:01:22 +0530

Dear sir,

            I couldn't understand how I compile MPICH2 with the
-fno-second-underscore flag?. There is no
-fno-second-underscore flag in MPICH2. I have confirmed this by the help
option

*$./configure -help
*
It doesn't show the -fno-second-underscore flag. So where I put this flag
i,e what I am telling that "can I put this flag in .bashrc file?". If so,
how shall I put this?

Another issue is coming from selection of MPI. Actually I am facing lot
of troubles with this MPICH2. I have seen from AMBER forum some
people also had faced with this problem. Out of this I am giving one
representative link. Those people were solved their problem by using
OPENMPI. So I would request you, kindly recommend me which MPI is best for
AMBER installation (with package name, version etc. etc.) out of LAM/MPI,
MPICH2, MPICH, OPENMPI etc. I have also checked that all MPI package compile
and run small representative example programs those are coming with those
packages. http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200605/0287.htm<http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200605/0287.html>l
<http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200605/0287.html>

Thanks and regards
sudipta