Re: AMBER: problem regarding implicit simulation

From: gurpreet singh <gps.iitm.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:48:57 +0530

Thanks Mr. Carlos for your reply

i asked question on implicit simulation , that my implicit simulation of
protein containing around 2500 atoms is going very slow as compared to
explicit simulation of the same protein, u gave me the answer that large
protein are usually slower to simulate in implicit , i am fully agree with u
that because of the complex nature PB equation, for large protein this
implicit simulations are usually slow
but sir i have seen your papers on hiv-1 protease in which u have carried
out 42 to 45 ns simulation using implicit solvent and that too without
using any cut off, i think the reason for choosing the implicit was to carry
more simulation in less time and to see those motions which is not possible
to see in case of explicit solvent in less time span .
sir i m also using the same enzyme hiv-1 protease which is having around
2500 atoms so why in my case this problem is coming.

following are the files i m using in case of mini and equi

imin=1,igb=2,cut=300.0,maxcyc=500,ncyc=250,ntr=1,ntb=0

> for equi

imin=0,igb=2,cut=300.0,ntr=1,ntb=0,nstlim=20000,dt=0.002,ntc=2,ntf=2,
     tempi=10.0,temp0=300.0,ntt=1,tautp=2.0,ntp=0,ntpr=100,ntwx=0

waiting for your reply
thanks