Re: AMBER: Error on compile amber8

From: tri nam Vo <mouseelephant2002.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:47:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thank David,
  I've solve the problem with configure of amber8 but the ./install.sh of intel fortran.
  Ive read the code of install_fc.sh and known that, it check not only 'cp','mv' and 'rm' but also others command which in the same directory with three ones above. I'sure that my PATH variable is correct.
  I've change the code of install_fc.sh to refuse the check action of that three commands and I've solve that problem. I've succeeded in compiling fortran. But I still confuse with that error.
  Thanks again.

David LeBard <david.lebard.asu.edu> wrote:
  Hi,

Check your PATH variable for problems with not finding system commands like cp,mv,rm, etc. Most likely you don't load the right bin directory, which in this case is probably /bin itself. But, for the configure problem, you'll need to start by finding chmod and do "chmod u+x configure" or some variant to make configure an executable.

Hopefully this will get you started.

All the best,

David LeBard
Arizona State University

  On 4/23/07, tri nam Vo < mouseelephant2002.yahoo.com> wrote: Dear amber user,
I compile amber8 and take this error when type the command
> ./configure -p4 ifort
Error: bash: ./configure: Permission denied.

And when I compile intel fortran 9.1.043, it said that 'cp', 'mv' and 'rm' command not found but' i'm sure that I've install these command on my computer.

Can anyone tell me the reason of these error? Thank.

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.