Re: AMBER: Problem with dacdif when using cygwin

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:44:00 -0800

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007, Steven Winfield wrote:

> $ make test.serial
> cd dmp; ./Run.dmp
> ../dacdif: line 46: getopts: `mdout.dmp.save': not a valid identifier

Weird: this has always worked for me.
Also weird: line 46 of dacdif refers to "getopt" not to "getopts" (the two
are very different)

> I know cygwin uses ash as a replacement for sh...

I don't think this has been for true a long time. Do you have an old cygwin?
But even if I replace the top line of dacdif with "#!/bin/ash" it still
works for me.

Try this:

1. check line 46 of dacdif: does it refer to getopt or to getopts?

2. at the command line, try "which getopt" and "getopt --version"

3. Check to see if you have DOS line endings in your dacdif script

4. Try changing /bin/sh in the top line of dacdif to /bin/ash or /bin/bash.

5. Just comment out lines 45 and 46 of dacdif -- Scott: what are these doing?

...good luck...dac