RE: AMBER: hi

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:15:50 -0800

Hi Anju,

>when i gave the command >ls $AMBERHOME/exe

>outcome is :
>ls: AMBERHOME?EXE/:no such file or directory
>/usr/local/amber8:

How did the lower case exe get converted to uppercase? Unfortunately this
sort of problem is an issue with your operating system and your
understanding of the operating system. Without a basic understanding how to
use the machine you are on and the operating system you are on there is
little I can do to help you out short of trading messages back and fourth
explaining in intricate detail how to do the simplest commands. I suggest
that you find someone who is an expert on the OS you are using and have them
explain things to you.

They can then check that environment variables like AMBERHOME are set
correctly and that the correct compilers exist and the software compiled
correctly.

All the best
Ross

/\