RE: AMBER: Best Force field for protein, DNA, and organic compounds?

From: Rafi Ahmad <Rafi.Ahmad.fagmed.uit.no>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:35:28 +0100

Hi Carlos,

I am a bit confused from this reply. I check some of the old posts here
at Amber (Apr-2006) and it was mentioned by couple of folks there that

"As a general rule, you do want consistency between force fields such
that
if you run proteins and nucleic acids or membranes, there is not a
mis-balance."

So by using 2 different ffs as mentioned by you here for DNA and protein
cause a "mis-balance"

Also the following was mentioned by Tom in the same thread

"If I were to do a protein-RNA simulation with what is generally
available
today, I would likely use one of the modified phi/psi protein parameter
sets by the Simmerling group (see the JACS 2002 article on TrpCage
folding); if you have amber9 (or are getting AMBER9), this is the
frcmod.ff99SB"

Do you think that using this ff99SB (developed by your group) be a good
choice for Protein-DNA interaction?

Regards

Rafi