RE: AMBER: antechamber for topology file

From: Akshay Patny <akshay17.olemiss.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 00:28:50 -0600

Hi Deepti

I doubt if you can run gaussian job within amber. The gaussian input
file you have got from antechamber can be submitted to gaussian
program to get the output file.

Here is how I did for my system >>>

I generated the gaussian input file using antechamber, as
follows:

% antechamber –fi mol2 –i DMPC_mono_sybyl.mol2 –fo
gcrt –o DMPC_mono.com

Then, using the generated input file, I ran a gaussian job,
as follows:

% g03sub –n 1 DMPC_mono.com

Then I used the gaussian output in antechamber to do the
2-stage RESP fitting as follows:

% antechamber -rn DMP -fi gout -i H1DMPC_mono.out -fo prepi
-o DMPC_mono_resp.prep -c resp -s 2

This gave me the prep file, which I checked using PARMCHK
utility, as follows:

% parmchk -i DMPC_mono_resp.prep -f prepi -o
DMPC_mono_frcmod

Hope this helps. Please correct if I am wrong.

Best, -Akshay

Akshay Patny
PhD Candidate (5th Yr.), Computational Chemistry
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy
The University of Mississippi
805 College Hill Rd, # 9, Oxford, MS 38655
E-mail: akshay17.olemiss.edu
Phone (O): (662)-915-1286,(M): (662)-801-5496