Re: AMBER: compiling AMBER9 on Mac OS X Tiger (Intel)

From: Z. Nevin Gerek <Nevin.Gerek.asu.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:20:12 -0700

We do have a fully working version of amber compiled on linux
cluster. I copied the source code to imac (mac osx Intel machine).
When I try to compile the code, I am getting this kind of error:

Starting installation of Amber9 (serial) at Wed Feb 7 10:09:12 MST
2007.
cd lib; make install
g95 -o new2oldparm new2oldparm.o nxtsec.o
ld: new2oldparm.o bad magic number (not a Mach-O file)
ld: nxtsec.o bad magic number (not a Mach-O file)
make[1]: *** [new2oldparm] Error 1

Can anyone tell me that am I doing something wrong or is there
different procedure I need to follow?

Sincerely,
Z. Nevin Gerek, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow